POLAND – No-Bake Sernik with Fruit Jelly
Recipe created by Chef Naheed Peerzada
A exquisite and elegant dessert polish-ed to perfection!
What you need for 12 servings:
|Crushed digestive biscuits||225gm|
|Powdered Gelatin||3 tsp|
|Pillsbury™ Ivory Whip Topping||300ml|
|Boiling Water||1/4 glass|
|Twaróg Cheese (Curd Cheese)||300-400gm|
|White Chocolate (Optional)||50gm|
|Powdered Fruit Gelatine||1 Pack|
|Fresh Raspberries, Strawberries or Blueberries (Optional)||1 cup|
- Grease a round cake tin (with removable rim) with some butter and then line it with plastic wrap.
- Melt the remaining butter and mix it with crushed digestive biscuits and press a layer to the bottom of the tin.
- To make twaróg smoother, grind it 2-3 times in a meat grinder.
- In a small bowl, mix a few tablespoons of cold water and the powdered gelatin. Allow it to soak.
- Now, beat Pillsbury™ Ivory whip topping until stiff and melt the white chocolate in a double boiler.
- In a large bowl, mix twaróg cheese, whipped cream and melted white chocolate.
- Combine the soaked gelatin with 1/4 glass of boiling water, Ensure it dissolves completely, before adding the twaróg cheese mixture to it.
- Pour the filling over the biscuits base, and place the sernik in the refrigerator.
- When the sernik cools slightly, prepare the fruit jelly, and pour it from the top.
- Raspberries, blueberries, or sliced strawberries can be used for decoration.
- Let sernik chill in the refrigerator overnight. Inform your customers to take it out of the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving.