Kesari Rasmalai Cake
Recipe created by Chef Roland
Our Chef Roland is known for creating new flavour combos. While Rasmalai cake may not be a new trend. Try his version of this cake. It is sure to leave you wanting for more.
|Pillsbury™ Bakers Delight Vanilla||500g|
|Saffron||0.05g (7-8 strands)|
|Pillsbury™ ivory Whipped cream||500g|
|Finely ground cardamom powder||2g|
|Rasmalai as required|
For the Saffron Icing
- Soak the Saffron in 2 -3 tbsp hot milk and rest for 10 - 15 min.
- Add the saffron milk, fine cardamom powder and Rasmalai to the whipped cream and fold well.
- Keep aside.
For the Saffron sponge
- Soak saffron in some hot water for 10 -15 min.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together water + saffron water and Premix
- Mix on slow for 1 min.
- Scrape sides and mix on high speed for 5 min.
- Add oil and mix on slow for 2 min.
- Pour required quantity in moulds.
- Bake at 160*C for 30-35 min.
- Allow the sponge to cool.
- Layer the sponge in 3 layers
- Instead of sugar syrup, add the Rasmalai as syrup to soak up the sponge
- Layer with saffron cream and add a layer of soaked chenna balls(crumbled).
- Repeat it to 2 layers and finish the entire cake with Saffron cream.
- Garnish as desired with pistachios & Almonds.