Rose Cashew Cookies
Recipe created by Chef Roland Gonsalves
This special monsoon recipe is a perfect gift to share with loved ones for the upcoming festivities of Eid and Raksha Bandhan.
|Pillsbury™ Egg Free Teatime Vanilla||900g|
- Chill the margarine/butter and then chop it.
- In a mixing bowl, add the premix and flour and the butter/margarine.
- With a paddle attachment mix on medium speed till the entire dry ingredients get crumbed well in the fat.
- Add the rose essence to the chilled water.
- On a slow speed, Sprinkle chilled water little by little till the entire mixture forms a smooth and firm dough.
- Add cashews and mix the dough well on slow speed
- Very lightly dust a tray with flour
- Make round balls of desired grammage and arrange on the dusted tray.
- Garnish with chopped cashews.
- Bake at 175*C for 16 - 18 minutes.
- If you want chewy Cookies, reduce 40g butter/ and add 40g of refined sunflower oil.
- Milk can also be added instead of water.
- Once the cookie is baked, kindly release the cookie slightly from the tray as soon as out of the oven, this will avoid the cookie to stick to the bottom of Tray.