Israel Chocolate Babka
Recipe created by Chef Roland Gonsalves
World Tourism Day Specials! We are bringing our signature around the world recipes to you!
For the Dough:
|Pillsbury™ White Bread Concentrate||100g|
|Dark chocolate ganache|
For sugar syrup:
- In a mixing bowl, add water, milk, sugar, yeast, flour, concentrate and start to mix with a dough hook
- Once the dough starts to form, add butter and continue to knead till the gluten is formed well and you get an elastic dough
- Cut the dough of as per requirement
- Rest the dough, covered for 15 minutes.
- Prepare sugar syrup by boiling sugar and water.
- Degas the dough, and roll it into a rectangle.
- Spread chocolate ganache evenly on the dough with a palette knife.
- Spread some chocolate chips
- Roll the dough from your end and refrigerate for 10 minutes
- Once the ganache is set, cut in between with a sharp knife.
- Place both halves in a X pattern and form a twist pattern.
- Place in a greased mould and allow to prove for 45 minutes
- Bake at: 180*C
- Bake for: 25- 30 mins
- Once out of the oven, brush with sugar syrup immediately and then demould