Butternut Chocolate Cake
Recipe created by Chef Roland
You ‘better-not’ miss baking this scrumptious cake soon!
|Pillsbury™ Egg-free Teatime Chocolate||1 kg|
|Chocolate Ganache OR Buttercream||250 g|
|Desiccated Coconut||150 g|
|Butterscotch Crushed||75 g|
|Melted Butter||30 g|
|Freshly Grated Nutmeg||1/4 tsp|
For The Roasty Butternut Crumb:
- Lightly toast the desiccated coconut to a light brown colour and take it off the flame.
- While still warm, add the crushed butterscotch, nutmeg powder, and melted butter. Mix well and set aside.
For The Cake:
- In a mixing bowl, water, oil, and premix. Use a flat paddle and mix at slow speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape sides and mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour the required quantity of batter in moulds.
- Bake at: 170*C.
- Bake for: 35-40 minutes.
For The Assembling:
- Thoroughly cool the cake.
- Apply chocolate ganache or buttercream evenly over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle evenly with the butternut crumb.