Thandai Mousse Cake
Recipe created by Chef Praveen
For the Cardamom flavoured Sponge Cake
|Pillsbury™ Lite Plus Cake Mix||500 g|
|Cardamom Powder||8 g|
For Thandai Mousse
|Fresh Cream||100 ml|
|Chopped White Chocolate||100 g|
|Ivory Whipping Cream||250 ml|
|Thandai Syrup||2 tbsp|
|Chopped Almonds and Pistachios||3 tbsp|
- Make a sponge as per the standard method by adding cardamom powder.
- Now take a small saucepan and bring the fresh cream to a boil on a low flame.
- Pour the hot fresh cream on the white chocolate and let it sit for few minutes,
- Then, using a spatula, stir the mixture and mix well until the chocolate completely melts and you get the ganache.
- When the ganache fully cools down, add in the thandai syrup and mix well.
- Now, start adding whipped cream to the white chocolate thandai mixture and fold lightly using a spatula. Be gentle and fold without deflating any air from the whipped cream.
- To assemble, take a 8 inch/20 cm round springform pan and place the prepared cake into it.
- Now top the cake with prepared mousse mixture and tap it so that the mixture settles. Smoothen the top with an offset spatula.
- Smoothen the top with an offset spatula.
- Garnish with chopped almonds, pistachios, saffron and keep in the refrigerator.
- Chill for four to five hours, preferably overnight.
- When it sets, loosen the sides using a knife and demould the cake.