Recipe created by Chef Susheel
Did you know macarons are the highest selling sweet in France? Learn to bake them today!
|Almond powder||200 g|
|Icing sugar||200 g|
|Egg whites (1)||80 g|
|Egg whites (2)||80 g|
|Vanilla bean||0.5 g|
|Caster sugar||200 g|
- Mix the almond powder and icing sugar together and sift well.
- Pour the egg whites (1) into the almond mix until they combine.
- Bring the caster sugar, water, and salt to a boil.
- When the temperature reaches 110°C, start to whisk the egg whites (2) on high speed.
- When the temperature reaches 118°C, turn off the heat and pour over egg whites while mixing slowly until done.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Fold the 2 mixtures together in 2 additions until smooth.
- Pipe 4.5 cm circles.
- Leave at room temperature until dry and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bake at 150°C for about 13 minutes then open an oven vent and bake for an extra 5 minutes to help retain its good shape.