Lemon Cake with Saffron Syrup
Recipe created by Chef Ashian Topno
Life threw lemons and we learnt how to bake it into a cake!
Also known as Kesari Vanilemon Cake named by Pooja.
For the sponge:
|Pillsbury™ Egg free tea time Vanilla mix||1 kg|
|Lemon juice||100 g|
For saffron syrup:
|Lemon juice||20 g|
|Saffron threads||1 g|
|Castor sugar||50 g|
|Lemon rind||50 g|
|Cardamom pods||5 g|
For the garnish:
|3 lemons||Lemon rounds|
- Add the premix, oil, water, lemon juice to a bowl and mix for a minute at Speed 1 using paddle attachment.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl for even consistency.
- Mix it for another 3 minutes on Speed 2.
- Pour the batter into desired moulds.
- Bake at 170°C.
- Bake for 30 mins.
- While the cake gets baked, take a pan, put all the saffron syrup ingredients. Heat the syrup till the sugar melts.
- When the cake is baked, remove it from oven and pour the saffron syrup above the cake.
- When the cake gets cool down, garnish it with lemon round slices.