Jamun/Java Plum Tea Cake
Jamuns have a unique flavour that is not often seen in a baked good. But then there are always new flavours that must be tried and this one will not disappoint. Don’t just take our word for it. Try Chef Ashian’s Jamun Cake and let us know what you think.
Also known as Tangyjamun named by Maya Pandey.
|Pillsbury™ Egg Free Tea Time Vanilla Mix||1kg|
|Fresh ripened Jamun||300g|
|Fresh Jamun chunks||100g|
- Make a puree of fresh Jamun. Let there be some chunks left in the puree.
- Mix all the ingredients together in slow speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape the side and bottom of the bowl.
- Mix the batter again for 3 minutes in medium speed.
- Pour it in desired moulds.
- Garnish the cake with fresh Jamun chunks.
- Preheat the oven and bake it at 170°C for 28-30 minutes.
- Make a chunky puree from fresh Jamun so that chunks of Jamun can come when you eat the cake.