Chocolatey Tea Cake
Recipe created by Chef Ashian Topno
A tea cake that’s yummy and perfect at any time of the day.
To make a perfect batter:
|Pillsbury™ Egg free Tea Time choco mix||1 kg|
To make it gorgeous:
|Dark Chocolate Ganache||500gm|
Ready, set, go:
- Mix ingredients: Use slow speed using paddle attachment and mix for 1 minute.
- Scrape the mixing bowl: From the sides and bottom.
- Mix again: Keep mixing the batter for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour: Choose your favourite mould and pour the batter into it. We went for a rectangular one this time!
- Bake at: 170oC | Bake for: 30-35 minutes.
- Cooling: Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Pour: Warm the dark chocolate ganache and pour the over cool cake.
- Garnish: Use salted peanuts. You can also customise this as per your customer’s preference.
- Chill: Once again, chill the cake for 1-2 hours till the ganache sets in.
- Chilling: Always chill the cake before pouring ganache into it. This will help the ganache to stay over the cake and not seep in.
- 2 stages of pouring: Ensure the ganache is poured in two stages. This will help in evenly coating of ganache over the cake.
- Pro tip for customers: Tell your customers to warm the cake for 30 seconds before having it. Trust us, they will keep coming back!