Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Recipe by Chef Roland
A recipe that is truly mint-to-be on your summer menu!
Also known as Minty Choco Delight named by Arti Mulchandani.
For the Cupcakes:
|Pillsbury™ Egg Free Chocolate Premix||1 kg|
|Chocolate chips||75 g|
For the Mint Chocolate Frosting:
|Pillsbury™ Ivory Topping||500 g|
|Mint Extract||3-4 drops|
|Light green colour (Natural colour preferred)|
- Add the premix, water and oil to a mixing bowl.
- Mix them together at Speed 1 for a minute.
- Scrape sides of the bowl for an even consistency and continue to mix on Speed 2 for 3-4 mins.
- Now, add the chocolate chips to the batter and mix well.
- Pour 30-35 g batter in cupcake moulds.
- Bake at 160°
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Once done, allow it to cool.
- Whip the Pillsbury™ Ivory Topping to stiff peaks.
- Add a few drops of mint extract till the desired taste is achieved.
- Add the colour to achieve the light minty green colour.
- Pipe the cream on the cupcakes as flowers or swirls and garnish with chocolate chips.
- Instead of mint extract, you could also use mint essence or peppermint syrup.
- You can use mint chocolate bits instead of just chocolate chips in batter and/or garnish for more flavour.
- You could also garnish with peppermint bits for extra crunch.
- And just like that, these cupcakes have been mint-ed on our hearts forever! <3