Gulab Jamun Upside Down Cake
Recipe created by Chef Naheed Peerzada
Is there a thing like too much Gulab Jamun? Nope.
|Pillsbury™ Egg Free Teatime Vanilla Cake Mix||1000 g|
|Gulab jamun||25 pcs|
- Mix mawa and oil together on slow speed for about 30 seconds and blend it well.
- Add the premix and water to the mixture for a minute on slow speed using a flat or paddle blade.
- Scrap the sides of bowl to ensure even consistency.
- Mix for another 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Now, pour the batter in a lined mould while placing the Gulab Jamun on the batter.
- Bake at: 160°C
- Bake for: 25-30 minutes.
- While hot, carefully turn the bar cake upside down and pour the sugar syrup.
- Use Gulab Jamun and pistachios on top for a rich garnish and finish!
- Make sure the syrup is drained to avoid sogginess.
- Maintaining a gap between the gulab jamuns will help hold and bind the batter from side to side.