Coconut Cake with Banana Curd
Recipe created by Chef Praveen Ram
Going bananas and coconuts over this is quite easy!
For Coconut cake base (Make the dry cake as per the standard recipe following by Coconut milk and desiccated coconut. (In a round pan))
|Pillsbury™ Egg Free Tea Time Vanilla Premix||500 g|
|Coconut Milk||70 g|
|Desiccated Coconut||25 g|
|Coconut Milk||100 g|
|Cardamom Pods smashed||2|
|Salted Butter||3 g|
|Lemon Juice||2 tsp|
Method for Soaking Syrup:
- Boil everything together for 5-10 minutes and cool before brushing it on the cakes
- Remove the cakes from the pans and cool on a wire rack.
- After it has come to room temperature, spoon or brush the soaking liquid on the cakes
Method for Banana Curd:
- Heat the butter and jaggery in a pan till the butter melts
- Add the bananas
- Add the egg yolk mixture a little bit at a time to this mixture
- Keep mixing till the whole mixture starts to bubble and thicken.
- Add the lemon juice
- Remove from the heat and let it come to room temperature before using as a filling.
- Now, place it on top of the cake