Don’t prefer fondant for your cakes? Here are some crafty tips on how to make fondant using leftover sponge from your cake.
What you need:
– Pillsbury™ Vanilla Sponge Mix 150 g
– Neutral Gel 30 g
– Water 10 g
– Colour as required
Mix the sponge, neutral gel, water and colour all together nicely to make a smooth dough. Flatten it out with a rolling pin and then curve it to resemble petals.
- It tastes better than Fondant.
- Has good strength as well, holds the shape.
- Good use of leftover sponge.
- Only roses and few characters can be made.
- You may not be able to cover the entire cake with it.
- It doesn't get as hard and steady as a fondant.
Read about how you can waste less while baking. Catch our expert tips here.